Wednesday 3 August 2011

Catching up with constituents

One of the great advantages of recess is the opportunity it provides to meet with groups and individuals in my constituency, allowing me to listen closely to their thoughts and concerns.

Amongst the groups I have caught up with so far during the Recess are the Truro Chamber of Commerce. I greatly enjoyed attending a lunch with Chamber Members on Friday, and hearing their thoughts on the future of Truro, and on what more can be done to support and promote the City’s businesses.

More information about the Chamber and the excellent work they do can be found below:


Later that day I attended a debate hosted by Cornwall Members of the UK Youth Parliament, held at County Hall. It was great to see young people so engaged with politics, and I look forward to attending more such events in the future.  

Young people who are interested in getting involved in the Youth Parliament can find out more through the below link:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.